Here are the completed photos of my Inara Serra Ball Gown. It took me a while to sew in the new zipper after it broke at the con. I had a mishap in this costume. When I took it off for a break I got lipstick on the inside and while cleaning it I broke the zipper. Unfortunately I only wore it for about three hours. Which was quite sad.
These pictures are taken at the beginning of April and this was made back in September. I have lost an inch and a half in the waist, so it doesn’t quite fit. It also has ripples in the bodice. Which I can’t seem to get rid of without boning the entire bodice and taking it in a bit. Which I am not going to do. I plan on remaking this one day, so I don’t feel the need for that. I may try and stitch rigilene bones done the front side seams and back side seams that connect to the side seam. But I will have to figure out some kind of pattern to imprint on it if I do so you won’t see the stitching lines. Who knows maybe stencils will be my friend.
I hope you enjoyed this process as much as I have. The plan for the fall is to try and tackle the jumpsuit if I have time for it. Thank you for reading and expect the next post in about a week.